Bell Schedule • Learning Outcomes • Student Classification • Course Load • Grade Weighting • Units of Credit
In this section, you'll find information on:
The mission of Proviso Township High Schools is to provide a quality comprehensive education that encourages academic excellence and learning for life.
To accomplish this mission, students, families, teachers, administrators, support staff, and the community will work in partnership to create a positive learning environment that promotes our motto, NIHIL NISI OPTIMUM, Nothing but the Best.
The success of this mission is dependent on the commitment of every member of the Proviso community to the following beliefs:
- everyone is capable of learning.
- in high performance expectations for all students.
- the school environment should promote high self-esteem for every student and staff member.
- our curriculum should prepare students for the future.
- technology should be integrated throughout the curriculum.
- a high level of reading, writing, and oral communication skills is essential.
- our schools should be safe, modern learning centers accessible for community use.
- in a progressive education, a compassionate environment, and a financially responsible organization.
- in stimulating creativity, intellectual curiosity, and independent thinking.
- all member of the Proviso community are responsible for motivating students toward high achievement.
- our success as a people is determined by our ability to live with and understand one another regardless of our cultural, spiritual, or physical differences.
- in fostering behaviors which promote physical health and personal well being.
- individuals should demonstrate appropriate behavior, good citizenship, and respect for self and others at all times.
We can demonstrate these beliefs and accomplish the mission through the following behaviors:
- Communicate with students about school matters, such as homework, grades, co-curricular activities, and friendships.
- Participate in school activities, both academic and co-curricular.
- Become familiar with and support district policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, support, and guidance for students in and out of the classroom and be models for student academic behavior, social behavior, and physical appearance.
- Honor achievement in whatever setting or context it may appear.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, healthy, and attractive school environment.
- Work in harmony with all other segments of the Proviso community.
- Take pride in contributing to students' success.
- Understand that all people have a right to pursue their personal goals for educational achievement and to experience in life fair play, comfort, integrity, honor, and success.
- Support the educational process through the investment of ideas, time, and other resources that can serve as a catalyst for change that will enhance the schools' effectiveness.
Proviso Township High Schools, District 209, does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, age, or disability. Title IX and Section 504 requirements are in compliance.